Poinsettia. Christmas flower.
Poinsettia, Poinsettia, Euphorbia Pulcherrima is the Christmas flower par excellence.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48/72 hours.
Shipping only to mainland Spain and mainland Portugal
14 days for returns
Poinsettia: Euphorbia Pulcherrima or Christmas Flower
Originally hailing from Mexico and Guatemala, the Poinsettia, also known as Euphorbia Pulcherrima or Christmas Flower, is a shrub belonging to the Euphorbiaceae family. While it boasts evergreen leaves in warm climates, it is primarily cultivated for festive decorations during Christmas.
The Poinsettia stands out for its vibrant bracts in intense red hues that surround its flowers. It's a plant suited for tropical and subtropical climates, and when grown outdoors in warm zones, it can take on the form of a shrub.
- *Watering:* When potted, it should be watered when the substrate is dry, avoiding overwatering. Submerging it in water for a period and allowing it to drain is a recommended practice. Never water the leaves.
- *Temperature:* Maintaining a temperature between 15º and 21º degrees Celsius during the day and between 10º and 12º degrees Celsius at night is ideal.
- *Location:* Avoiding drafts and sudden temperature changes is crucial.
- *Fertilization:* Using a fertilizer low in nitrogen and high in potassium helps extend the flowering period.
To encourage colorful bracts for the next Christmas, pruning the branches to about ten centimeters in height when it loses its leaves is recommended. Reducing watering and placing it in a cool location during this period will aid in the process.
While thriving in tropical and subtropical climates, the Poinsettia can adapt as a shrub in warm climates.
Pests and Diseases:
Common garden pests like scale insects or whiteflies can affect Poinsettias. Additionally, stem rot may occur if kept in waterlogged soil.
In summary, the Poinsettia, with its vibrant bracts and Christmas history, adds a festive touch to any space. With proper care, its beauty can be enjoyed during the holiday season and beyond.
- Poinsettia or Euphorbia pulcherrima
- Up to 3m
- Various colors
- As a decorative Easter plant
- Sales format
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.