Asplenium Nidus C13
The Asplenium Nidus is a tropical fern very resistant and longevity.
Política de seguridad (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Política de envío (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Política de devolución (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Asplenium Nidus or Bird's Nest Fern is a tropical plant, from Asia which belongs to
the aspleniaceas family.
Naturally is a epiphytic plant, and in the rainforest where it is native it can be seen on top of the trees with long leaves which can reach even to 0.90cms and more.
Of slow growing, it will be better to keep it in a warm atmosphere, with a temperature between 20º-30º, as it will suffer when temperature gets down to 15ºc.
It offers good resistant to places of poor light.
Needs a good organic soil and it will thrive much better when feeding it with a liquid fertiliser every 15 days, in the case it is in pots. When we plant Asplenium outside we can add a lyer of new substrate every year or add slow release fertilizer.
It is important not to overwater as it can suffer from rot, in the case of too much water.
Might suffer from any type of garden pests as for example mealy bugs, slugs and scales.
Easy to take care of and a long-lived plant.
We do not need to trim it, just get rid of the old leaves which get wilted at the bottom of the plant.
Consulted sources in addition to our experience with this plant:
- Aplenium Nidus
- Africa, tropical Asia and Australia
- 1 m
- Bright green.
- Shade, or partial shade. Sun only at first time in the morning or late at evening.
- Moderate, without flooding.
- Indoor, patios and porches.
- It is very resistant and long-lived. Does not tolerate low temperatures.
- Sales format
- Pot of 13cms.
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received not exactly the same as in the photography, without impacting on quality of the same.