Solanum jasminoides, Night jasmine, False jasmine. C20
Solanum Jasminoides belongs to the genus Solanum and is made up of more than 1,700 species distributed all over the world.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48 HOURS*
14 days for returns
This plant is a climbing shrub native to Brazil where it was used for decorations at evening parties.
It is commonly known by the names of False Jasmine, Potato vine, Bridal veil, Sandiego flower and Jasmine solano.
These perennial climbing plants have heart-shaped, deep green leaves. Their flowers are white or light blue, have 5 petals and are gathered in clusters.
They are used as climbing plants in the garden or even on the balcony in pots at least 60 cm deep and 40 cm wide. The plant should be helped to climb by tying up the stems as it grows.
It needs full sun and protection from the wind and can withstand light and sporadic frosts.
It likes normal garden soil, well fertilised and with 1/3 of coarse sand to facilitate good drainage. In case of transplanting it is better to do it in winter after the danger of frost.
Watering should be repeated as long as the soil is well drained, otherwise it should be moderate.
This plant can be pruned after flowering to control its growth and strengthen the plant.
It is advisable to fertilise this plant with manure or organic fertiliser when planting and in spring and summer with mineral or seaweed fertiliser every 15 days.
It is a hardy plant that is not usually attacked by garden pests and diseases.
It can be propagated from seeds sown in spring, by layering in early summer and by cuttings in midsummer.
- Solanum jasminoides
- Japan, Taiwan, southeast of Chinese, Vietnam and India.
- Between 0.90 and even more than 2.00 metres.
- Glossy dark green foliage and white to cream flowers.
- On varieties flowers will sprout sooner or later, but mainly in spring and autumn.
- Partial shade, or in the shade but with plenty of light.
- Abundant irrigation to keep substrate moist. Not soggy soils at all.
- It is a very versatile plant since we can put it in pots, both indoors and outdoors. Highly recommended in areas of entrances and steps to enjoy its essence.
- Sales format
- Pot 13cm
- A good temperature for gardenia is between 25ºC and 30ºC.
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.