Diosma ericoide. C24
Diosma hirsuta is a shrubby plant belonging to the Rutaceae family.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48 HOURS*
14 days for returns
The genus Diosma are plants included in the Rutaceae family, consisting of almost 200 species of flowering plants.
Commonly known as Diosma. They are evergreen shrubs with a rounded shape and rapid growth, reaching almost half a metre in height. The leaves, which are somewhat feathery, are made up of small, aromatic, dark green, fine, pointed leaves.
It has abundant small flowers, which are star-shaped and can be white or somewhat pinkish. They flower from mid-winter to almost late spring and are capable of re-blooming at other times of the year.
They are ideal for use in rockeries, on very sunny slopes, in low hedges, in pots and as specimens in isolation. This plant needs full sun exposure for good flowering. It can withstand high temperatures and frosts as low as -8°C, provided they are not too frequent.
Although they can thrive in poor, dry soil they will appreciate some organic matter but it should be well drained so that it does not retain too much water. Repotting should be done at the beginning of the autumn season.
This plant is very drought resistant so watering should always be moderate and wait until the soil has dried out before watering again. A light mulching with organic matter in the autumn is very helpful.
Diosma needs light trimming of the longest branches (after spring flowering) to maintain a rounded shape. They are very hardy plants and are not prone to pests and diseases.
Propagation is usually from seeds sown in spring and by cuttings in summer.
- Diosma ericoide
- Between 0.90-1.00mtr. both in width and height.
- Leaves between pretty bright greens and browns and flowers between white and pink.
- Approximately between May and September
- The sun or partial shade, although in full sun will have more flowering.
- Moderate. Important do not water over wet and make good drainage.
- In groups or to perform hedges. Also as exemplary, even in mallet. Or on slopes to prevent erosion and hold the ground.
- Sales format
- Pot 24cm diameter
- It suffers when temperatures are lower than 0 º C.
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.
12 other products in the same category:
Dietes grandiflora C24€18.00
Zamioculca zamifolia. C17€15.00
Climbing Abutilon. C20€11.00
Lotus berthelotii C13€2.10
Stephanotis floribunda -...€13.00