Camellia Japonica. C25
Camellia japonica is a shrub with flowers similar to roses that blooms from late autumn to almost summer.
Política de seguridad (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Política de envío (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Política de devolución (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Camellia or Camellia Japonica is an evergreen shrub on the teaceaes family that can be grown as a shrub or small tree.
It is sensitive to temperature changes and does not like to be moved from one place to other.
Needs acid soils to thrive and to be protected from the strong sun.
When the leaves start to become yellow it may be that the plant suffers from a lack of acidity in the soil.
If the flowers fall continuously it may mean an excess of water.
In the case that flowers buds fall down before opening it might be produced by the a lack of nutrients, or by sudden changes in the temperature.
In addition, too much sun can cause burns on leaves or spots on the flowers.
Camellia needs a fertilezer for acidophilous plants which will contribute to keep the acidity in the soil.
Can be affected by certain pests garden such as aphids, spider mites or mealybugs.
In the case of being affected by any fungi, check first that there is not high humidity in the soil or that the air is circulating properly through the foliage.
Once these couple of problems have been controlled then combat the fungi applyinga proper fungicide.
There are plenty of varieties of beautiful camellias.
As it is a shrub of slow growth, prune is not highly necessary, just get rid of weak and broken branches.
In the case that a shape prune needs to be carried out lets do it better after flowering.
For further information
Consulted sources in addition to our experience with this plant:
- Camellia Japonica o camelia
- Eastern Asia
- From 4 to 12 metres high
- White, pinks, reds, bicolours, violets.
- Partial shade or shady areas where the sun is too strong.
- Moderate although in summer increase quantity.
- As an unique specimen, in groups, for beautiful hedges or like a tree.
- It does not resist low temperatures to-5ºC
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.