Gardenia jasminoides - Cape jasmine. C17
Gardenia Jasminoides is a nice and hard bush of fragrant white flowers.
Política de seguridad (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Política de envío (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Política de devolución (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
Gardenia jasminoides is an evergreen shrub on the rubiaeas family.
It is mainly grown because of their beautiful and fragrant flowers, although it is worth, for its foliage of a glossy deep green.
To help Gardenia to grow properly, it needs acid and moist soils, regular irrigation, light and humidity.
To keep the plant bushy, it is convenient to trim it after flowering, shaping it, and giving the size that we would like it to have, this way, at the same time, we will encourage new flowers which can be pinched off once wilted, to even have a more spectacular bush.
During spring we can fertilise, adding a proper acid soil and even we can feed it with micronutrients.
It is also important to add iron chalete, in place where waters have high percentage of cal as its leaves will become yellow due to the lack of iron chalate.
We will watch to check for possible attacks of mealybugs, or spider mites, this last one appears due to high temperature and low humidity in the environment, as the most frequents.
Consulted sources in spite to our experience with this plant:
- Gardenia Jasmoides.
- Japan, Taiwan, southeast of Chinese, Vietnam and India.
- Between 0.90 and even more than 2.00 metres.
- Glossy dark green foliage and white to cream flowers.
- On varieties flowers will sprout sooner or later, but mainly in spring and autumn.
- Partial shade, or in the shade but with plenty of light.
- Abundant irrigation to keep substrate moist. Not soggy soils at all.
- It is a very versatile plant since we can put it in pots, both indoors and outdoors. Highly recommended in areas of entrances and steps to enjoy its essence.
- A good temperature for gardenia is between 25ºC and 30ºC.
- Sales format
- Pot 13cm
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.