Pelargonium petaltum. Trelling geranium
Gitanilla or Pelargonium Petaltum is a hanging plant that is filled with flowers to be the queen of balconies.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48/72 hours.
Shipping only to mainland Spain and mainland Portugal
The Gitanilla, also known as Pelargonium Peltatum:
This beautiful sub-shrub originates from southeastern Africa and belongs to the geranium family. Its scientific name is derived from the Greek word "pelargos," which means stork, owing to the shape of its fruit.
The charming Gitanilla blooms splendidly in warm climates for most of the year, providing a profusion of flowers that will brighten up your garden or outdoor space. Its dark green foliage contrasts beautifully with the flowers, creating an elegant and attractive look.
How to Care - Watering and Fertilizing:
Caring for the Gitanilla is simple and rewarding. To ensure its health and lush flowering, follow these tips:
- Plant Gitanilla in rich, well-draining soil, preferably in a pot or in the garden.
- As the flowers wither, remove them from the base of the stem to encourage continuous blooming and prevent them from becoming woody. You can trim stems and pinch to achieve denser foliage and a more compact plant.
- Maintain good control by removing broken stems and wilted leaves.
- Gitanilla doesn't require frequent watering; in fact, it prefers slightly dry soil. Water it moderately and allow the soil to dry between waterings.
- Sun exposure is essential to stimulate abundant flowering. Find a spot where it receives direct sunlight during part of the day.
- Fertilize during spring and autumn using liquid fertilizer if it's in a pot, or slow-release fertilizer if it's in the garden.
- Protect your Gitanilla from the African butterfly using specific insecticides from spring to autumn.
Cold and Heat Adaptation:
In warmer climates, the Gitanilla blooms generously throughout the year. If you live in a place with mild winters, you can cultivate it as a perennial plant, pruning it in early spring to maintain its shape and stimulate flowering. However, in regions with cold winters, it is often repurchased each year to ensure its vitality and beauty.
At Viveros González, we offer several varieties of Gitanilla for you to choose from, including "Ville de Paris," "Double Flower," and "Villetta." Each of these varieties has its own unique charm and can add a special touch to your garden.
Discover the elegance of the Gitanilla:
Transform your outdoor space into an oasis of natural beauty with the Gitanilla. At Viveros González, we take pride in offering these magnificent plants, backed by our expertise and knowledge of the best care practices. Make your garden stand out with the beauty of the Gitanilla!
- Pelargonium peltatun o Gitanilla
- South Africa
- Up to 60 cm
- Red, Pink, White, Bordeaux …
- All year round in warm winters.
- Sun or semishade
- Moderated, without waterlogging.
- Are normally put in pots hanging, pergolas, windows, balconies, planters.
- Sales format
- Pot 12/14cm
- It can resist more than 30ºC but starts to suffer with frost.
- Being the produc alive plant and depending on the season, the plant can be received not exactly the same as in the photography, without impacting the quality of the same.