Tradescantia nanouk. C15
Tradescantia nanouk plant is appreciated by the color purple, green or scoring sheets, also for its strength and ease of cultivation.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48 HOURS*
14 days for returns
Tradescantia nanouk is a perennial plant, which belongs to the commelinaceae family.This creeping or drooping plant is very striking because of the purple, green or striped colour of its leaves, which makes it very interesting for use in areas where colours are not abundant.In the right conditions it is quite hardy, even for areas near the sea or exposed to wind.It can be used as a ground cover, in borders of flowerbeds, pots and planters or as a hanging plant in baskets or hanging pots.Tradescantia needs regular watering and well-drained soil to avoid waterlogging, as excess water causes rotting of the stems.Fertilisation should only be done in spring and summer with liquid fertiliser diluted with water or slow-release fertiliser.It should be pruned when it is too long or ungainly, to prevent it from spreading too much and to achieve a certain harmony.The most suitable location for Tradescantia is partial shade, but we have also found that it adapts well to areas with plenty of sun if we expose it from spring onwards.It is not cold tolerant.It can be attacked by aphids and scale insects.
- Tradescantia nanouk
- Up to 30cm
- Purple and silvery green Leaves and their blue or purple flowers
- Shade or shadow, in places with a lot of light
- Indoor plant, hanging plant, for massifs, to put the shadow of some tree...
- Sales format
- Resistant to temperatures up to -3ºC
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.