Pelargonium zonale. Red geranium.
Pelargonium Zonale or Geranium is a plant with colorful flowers for almost the whole year.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48/72 hours.
Shipping only to mainland Spain and mainland Portugal
14 days for returns
Pelargonium Zonale - The Everlasting Floral Charm
Native to South Africa, Pelargonium Zonale, commonly known as Geranium, has captivated plant enthusiasts for centuries. Its presence in gardens and pots dates back to ancient times, cherished for its lushness and vibrant colors.
This small perennial shrub, a member of the Geraniaceae family, boasts a rounded, evergreen form. Its leafy foliage provides the perfect backdrop for the beautiful, large flowers that adorn its branches in a diverse palette of colors.
To maintain its lushness, it's crucial to remove faded flowers from the stem. In pots, provide liquid or slow-release fertilizer every fifteen days to nurture its vitality. The preventive application of insecticides is advisable to protect it from possible attacks by the "African butterfly."
The key to a healthy geranium is proper watering. Ensure the substrate is moist but not waterlogged. Avoid overwatering, as excess water can be detrimental.
Prune in spring and autumn, focusing on removing damaged stems and shaping. Also, remove damaged leaves and add a layer of substrate during this process.
While adaptable, Pelargonium Zonale thrives best in direct sunlight. Place it in areas where it can receive as much light as possible to stimulate more abundant flowering.
Don't forget to enjoy the care process. The connection with your plants is as vital as the water and sunlight they receive. Go ahead, cultivate beauty in your green space with Pelargonium Zonale!
- Pelargonium Zonale - Geranium
- South Africa
- 0.50cm to 1.50m.
- White, red, pink or salmon flowers
- In spring and summer, but in warm weather it flowers almost the whole year
- Sun or semishade
- Moderated, without flooding
- For terrace and balconies, in gardens are very eye-cathcing if they are put in groups
- Sales format
- Pot of 13/15cm
- You can endure short periods of frost, although you will lose its leaves, but then in spring it prunes slightly and springs back.
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.