Pyrostegia venusta - Orange trumpetvine
The Pyrostegia or Orange trumpet vine or Ignea is a vigorous fast-growing climber and cascades of orange blossoms in the winter.Like to see further ideas? Click
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48/72 hours.
Shipping only to mainland Spain and mainland Portugal
History: Pyrostegia venusta, also known as Bignonia venusta or Pyrostegia Ignea, is a stunning evergreen vine from the Bignoniaceae family. This plant is renowned for its spectacular flowering, gracing gardens with vibrant orange or white blooms during the winter. Its rapid growth makes it a popular choice for bringing life to gardens and patios.
Description: This vine stands out with its trumpet-shaped, brightly colored flowers, which can range from orange to white. Its leaves are evergreen, meaning they maintain their foliage throughout the year, providing an attractive green backdrop even when not in bloom.
Soil: While it's not particularly soil-demanding, it's essential to ensure that the substrate is well-drained to prevent waterlogging, which can be detrimental to the plant.
Fertilization: To encourage healthy growth and abundant flowering, it's advisable to apply specific vine fertilizer during the active growing season.
Wind Exposure: Avoid planting it in wind-exposed areas, as this can damage its shoots and flowers.
Pruning: After flowering, significant pruning is recommended to regulate its growth. This will also promote flower production at the base of the plant since they tend to bloom at the top.
Climate: Pyrostegia venusta is a plant that thrives in warm and temperate climates. It is sensitive to frost, so in regions with cold winters, consider growing it in containers or protecting it from low temperatures.
In summary, Pyrostegia venusta is a striking and easy-to-care-for vine that adds a burst of color and lushness to gardens, especially during the winter season. Ensure it receives the right soil conditions, fertilization, and wind protection to enjoy its beauty throughout the year. Additionally, its resistance to diseases and pests makes it a reliable choice for any gardening enthusiast.
- Pyrostegia - Orange trumpetvine
- Southeast of Brazil, Northeast Argentina, Paraguay
- It can grow up to 24 mtres.
- Bright orange flowers and green foliage.
- The end of the fall and during the winter.
- Moderated irrigation. Drought tolerant, once established for short periods, but thrives much better with regular water.
- Walls, rockeries, pergolas, trees, fencens, it is a climber which at the same time fall down.
- Sales format
- Pot of 17 cms diametre
- Minimum temperature -18ºC
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received not exactly the same as in the photography, without impacting on quality of the same.