Loropetalum black pearl C15
Loropetalum is a evergreen shrub of bronze leaves and pink flowers.
Encrypted payments for greater security
We ship to Spain and Portugal in 48/72 hours.
14 days for returns
Loropetalum black pearl or chinese fringe flowers is an evergreen shrub which belongs to the hamamelidaceas family.
The interest of this plant lies mainly in the colour of its foliage in bronze or almost black in the "Black pearl " variety.
Needs a rich acid type of soil that can keep the humidity, but avoiding floodings.
It is recommended to cover the substrate with a layer of mulch or pine burk to protect roots from freeze or too high temperatures.
Neither it is resistent to drought.
A good location for Loropetalum is a partial shade area, although we have checked that it can perfectly thrive in the full sun it grows better in a partial shade area, mainly in areas of high temperatures.
Does not need of agressive prune but only to keep it with a nice shape and to get rid of weak and wilted branches and flowers.
Chinese fringe flower bush does not suffer of almost any type of pests or desease, might be of spiders in the case of high temperature and too dry environment.
And take care regarding irrigation as rottenness can appear when too much water.
Another problem can be chlorosis in areas of hard waters with a high percentage of lime as foliage will become yellowish.
- Loropelalum chinensis. Chinese fringe.
- China woodlands, Japan and the southeast of Asia.
- It can get as high as 1.80meters. But we can trim it to the desired size.
- Bronze foliage and pink flowers.
- In the mediterranean area it becomes exhuberant by the end of the winter or the beginning of spring.
- Partial shade to sun
- Moderate irrigation. Add water when the substrate starts to be dry.
- This is a very versatile plant that can be used in groups or for hedges in the garden or as specimen, as well as in pots.
- Sales format
- Pot of 20cms diameter
- Loropetalum can stand cold temperatures down to about -12C, although with freeze it can get damaged, so it is recommended to protect roots with a layer of mulch or pine bark.
- Being the product a living plant and depending on the season, this plant could be received, in some cases, not exactly the same as in the photography, but as similar as possible, without impacting on quality of the same.